Aug. 8, 2023 - Comal ISD has added two student immunization clinics on Friday, Aug. 18. Anyone interested in participating in these clinics may register here. Walk-ins will be accepted.
Clinic times and locations on Friday, Aug. 18:
- 8-10 a.m. at Pieper Ranch Middle School, 1106 Kinder Parkway, San Antonio
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Canyon Middle School, 2014 FM 1101, New Braunfels
The student immunization clinics are open to school-aged children through age 18. All insurance policies will be verified. The out-of-pocket cost will be $10 per shot. When completing the registration information, write “NA” for all insurance questions if the family does not have health insurance. Find the Vaccine Consent Form here, and in Spanish, here.
The following immunizations will be offered for these grade levels:
- Pre-k and kindergarten (if vaccines are not up to date) – DTP/IPV/MMR/Varicella, possibly Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B
- Sixth and incoming seventh grades – MCV4 (meningitis) and Tdap (booster tetanus) required for seventh grade. HPV, optional.
- 12th grade – MCV4 (meningitis) – required for colleges. Men B, optional 2 shot series for the fifth strain of meningitis.
For more information about the clinics or other health services at Comal ISD, contact the district’s director of health services at 830-221-2077 or visit the health services website.